Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations - Wildfire Management Branch
Legislation, Regulations and Policies
The Wildfire Act and Regulation came into effect March 31, 2005 and is stand-alone legislation, dedicated exclusively to wildfire management in British Columbia. The key objective of the Wildfire Act is to specify responsibilities and obligations with respect to fire use, prevention, control and rehabilitation.
- Forest and Range Practices Act
- Parks Act
- Environmental Management Act
- Hydro and Power Authority Act
- Forest Act
- Special Accounts Appropriation and Control Act
- Annual Rent Regulation
- Emergency Program Management Regulation
Ministry Policies relating to the Wildfire Management Branch
- Policy 9.1 – Fire Control Responsibilities and Costs
- Policy 9.2 – Smoke Management – Updating in progress – not available.
- Policy 9.3 – Aviation Management
- Policy 9.4 – Fire Management Planning – July 2008
- Policy 9.5 – Prescribed Fire – – Updating in progress – not available.
- Policy 9.6 – Enforcement Wildfire Act Legislation – – Updating in progress – not available.
- Policy 9.7 – Post Wildfire Natural Hazards Risk Analysis